Friday, December 31, 2010

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

We're super boring on New Years. I tried to convince the husband to get married on New Years Eve. He wanted none of it. 12/12 is our day, and it works for us. I'll never forget our anniversary.

Anyways, it's almost 10 here. My apartment smells amazing. I have a pot of black-eyed peas on the stove. Around 10:30 I'll start the cabbage. It's a southern tradition to have both of those things on New Years Day. We'll toast and kiss at midnight. Have a tiny taste of each, and then eat the rest for dinner tomorrow night for good measure. We could use some luck this year.

I'll update tomorrow with my expectations, goals, and wishes for 2011. For now, I'll just say, be careful. No one wants to start their new year with that terrible phone call, a ticket, and/or a bajillion dollars in fines.

No comments:

Post a Comment